Saturday, June 9, 2007

"Flying High" Fedora 7

I upgraded my fedora 6 to fedora7 one week ago. There are lot of new features including the gnome 2.18 which is a better one for personal usages.Please refer release notes for further details.

Upgrade procedure is also very safe and easy. I first downloaded the ISO DVD image from here. Then burnt a DVD and upgraded my fedora6 straight away. I took the risk by not getting any backups before doing it. For downloading ,they are recommending bittorrent, It was very slow by that time(Probably I did the download soon after the release and very few in my closer region must have been using it.) , so I used the ftp instead.


This time fedora is promoting the "Flying High" theme contrast to their earlier themes.

They shipped FireFox 2.0 with this release where in fedora6 they didn't recommend to use FireFox2.0. There are lot other features like SE LINUX GUI, mplayer supports, pidgin(former gaim) etc.

I am still struggling to following things and still working on it.

1) For my VAIO FE35GP model, I could not get my in-build wifi working.
2) Motion-eye camera is not working.
3) I am using m1-vodafone 3G usb modem , which is not working in fedora.

All over fedora 7 is looking good and it has lot of applications shipped with, which good for people who use fedora as their personal OS.

Cheers


No comments: